Getting started with SportsNow and the steps that follow are simple. The setup wizard shows you step by step how to create your first class with a pass and how SportsNow works. Afterwards, you can make further settings, adjustments and additions yourself in your administration area.
In these instructions, we will show you step by step, using examples, how you can completely set up your studio in your admin area. We recommend that you follow these instructions in order. It is, of course, possible to make changes or additions later.
Note: The progress bar shows you how far you have already set up your studio. As soon as you have set up at least 80% of your studio, your studio profile will be publicly visible on SportsNow.
My studio profile
Here you enter the name of your studio and upload the logo, define the URL through which your studio can be accessed on the internet and enter a description of your studio.
Note: The logo must be uploaded in .png or .jpg format.
- Complete your studio profile
There are different roles that you can assign to a team member. Each role has different permissions that determine what that team member has access to in the admin area:
- Administrator: Has access to everything, i.e. can set up the studio, change settings and view all areas.
- Instructor: May use a certain part of the admin area and mainly sees the areas that are needed for the work as an instructor (classes, workshops, appointments, check-in and messages).
- Instructor + Back office: In this role, the team member also has access to the areas «My finances», «My customers», «My cash register» and «Valuable statistics».
- Employees without login: You can add employees to your team without them having to use SportsNow. However, they do not have a login and therefore do not have access to SportsNow.
Note: If you create a profile for your team members, a login will automatically be created and sent to them. Check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
In the «Team color» field, you can set a separate color for each team member. This way, the team member's appointments will appear directly in the selected color.
Shared team login: For a shared team login with a single email address, a general or shared team member is usually created. To do this, create a new team member, e.g. with the first name «Studio Name» and last name «Team» and the corresponding shared email address. The team logs in with this shared account. If several team members are to be entered with a separate login and different access rights, then different email addresses are required, as these are technically different logins or the email is used as the login.
Example for a team:
- Create a profile for all your team members and assign them the appropriate roles. Simply click on «Add new team member» and fill in the details.
Categories are used to structure your offer and are not directly visible to the member. Create a first category for your subscriptions and hours that can be used together. If some subscriptions are only valid for certain hours, create a new category for them.
- Create the categories you offer
My class schedule
Now you have to choose what kind of classes you offer:
- Weekly class: A class that takes place once a week at a fixed time (e.g. Yoga on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.). This class only needs to be created once and then repeats itself.
- Bi-weekly class: A class that takes place every other week at a fixed time (e.g. Pilates Flow on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. every other week). This class only needs to be created once and then automatically repeats itself every two weeks.
- Daily class: A class that takes place once a day at a specified time. (e.g. spinning every morning from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.). This type is only used if the class actually takes place every day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Event / workshop: A workshop is a one-time event (e.g. a training weekend) that takes place once on a fixed date.
- Individual appointments: A bookable appointment (e.g. for personal training) that can be booked by members within a specified time slot. For example: The personal training lasts 45 minutes and your members can book such a training every Tuesday morning between 09 am and 12 noon.
Note: If the class takes place several times a week, the created class can be duplicated with "Create a copy" and only the day of the week has to be changed.
Set up a class
- Click on «Add class» And fill in the details of your class.
- If the class takes place without an end date (that is, until further notice is offered), you can tick «This class is repeated endlessly and has no end date.».
- Under «Booking information for customers» you can specify the entry that will be displayed to your members. You will then see this information in the booking summary and in the email confirmation.
- In a last step, you define the booking settings for your members. You can define until when your members can sign up or sign-off for classes and whether each class is booked individually or all classes at once (e.g. for a whole quarter).
- Create the classes you offer
Here you can create your passes and prices. The following distinctions are important:
- One-time passes: These are passes that can only be purchased once per member (e.g. trial pass).
- Special passes: You can sell such a pass directly to members at special conditions, but members cannot buy them online themselves (e.g. special offers or discounts).
- Individual entries: The best way to enable single entries is to create a subscription with a single credit.
- Create the passes you offer
In this area you can change further settings. The following areas are distinguished:
- Payment settings: Here you can define everything around payments. Enter your accepted means of payment and the bank information that will be displayed to members on the invoice.
- Notification settings: Here you can set which notifications you would like to receive and a displayed check-in information for your members.
- Book settings: Here you determine which settings you want to apply to your bookings. In most cases, the default settings fit.
- Special settings: Here you can disable certain modules and functions of your studio.
- Set up your settings
Continue to: Step 3: Select and test premium offer